Sunday, October 11, 2015

Sunday Swoon #17 - Alice in Zombieland


Today, I get to share a few snippets from a book I love! no spoilers!


I'm still plowing through this series, but I like what I've read so far. There are lots of cute quotes and I thought it would be fun to share!


Blurb

She won't rest until she's sent every walking corpse back to its grave. Forever.

Had anyone told Alice Bell that her entire life would change course between one heartbeat and the next, she would have laughed. But that's all it takes. One heartbeat. A blink, a breath, a second, and everything she knew and loved was gone.

Her father was right. The monsters are real.

To avenge her family, Ali must learn to fight the undead. To survive, she must learn to trust the baddest of the bad boys, Cole Holland. But Cole has secrets of his own, and if Ali isn't careful, those secrets might just prove to be more dangerous than the zombies.




Teasers

“He was gorgeous, and I absolutely, no question, had to be drooling. After a quick and hopefully stealthy check – big show, I wasn’t!- I found myself wonder what color his eyes were. Brown maybe. Or even hazel. Either way…wow, just wow. Deer? Headlights? Hi, I’m Ali.” 
― Gena ShowalterAlice in Zombieland


“Should I pull on a shirt?" he asked with hint of amusement. I WILL NOT BLUSH. "No." He'd be doing the world a favor if he never wore a shirt again, but I wasn't going to tell him that part. "You're fine.” 
― Gena ShowalterAlice in Zombieland


“Girl, he wants to dip you in Frosted Flakes and have you for breakfast. That's his favorite cereal, by the way." I...had no words for that.” 
― Gena ShowalterAlice in Zombieland


“Just so you know, you can call me anything you want—just as long as you always call me.” 
― Gena ShowalterThrough the Zombie Glass


“You know,” Cole said. “My mom once told me a boy would know he’d become a man when he stopped putting himself first. She said a girl would come along and I wouldn’t be able to get her out of my mind. She said this girl would frustrate me, confuse me, and challenge me, but she would also make me do whatever was necessary to be a better man–the man she needed. With you, I want to be better. I want to be what you need. Tell me what you need.” 
― Gena ShowalterThrough the Zombie Glass


“I'm usually a big fan of sexual tension, but this is like an X-rated kindergarten class, with two little jerks crushing on each other, both too stupid to admit it out loud.” 
― Gena ShowalterThe Queen of Zombie Hearts


“So you owe me.”

“Exactly. I pay in kisses.”

“Good thing I accept that currency.” 
― Gena ShowalterThe Queen of Zombie Hearts


“Sweet pea, you are my favorite hello and my hardest goodbye, and I don't want to go a day without you. Consider that your official invitation” 
― Gena ShowalterA Mad Zombie Party






What are you reading?

What book do you love?


No comments:

Post a Comment