Sunday, November 3, 2013

Teaser Sunday #6


Welcome to teaser Sunday!!! Each week, I will post a teaser from one of my current releases or a work in progress. Stay tuned and enjoy!

Here is a short conversation between Wendy and her best friend, Halle from Dancing with Death.

Have fun!

“I get chills every time we go by here. I actually feel sorry for Whitney. Just the description of what happened to her leaves an image in my head that will haunt me forever.”
“I know, right. I don’t see Whitney the cheerleader anymore. Instead, I see a paler version with tinged blue lips and her head to the side staring with empty eyes. I see her blood soaked gash crusted over and her body lying amongst the rotting foliage,” Halle expanded.
“That’s way too graphic, Halle. Thanks a lot for that horrifying imagery.”
“No problem. That’s why you love me. I’m willing to say what you won’t. Anyways, I love your new shirt. Are you going to wear it tomorrow? It’s a great way to get Brandt’s attention,” Halle continued.
“I don’t know, I thought you liked him.”
“Honey, I like everyone with a pulse. I think you should go for him. I saw the way you talked about him earlier, whether you want to admit it or not.”
“Alright,” I conceded.
“Alright you’re going to wear that new shirt or you’re going to go for Brandt?” she asked.
“Alright to both. You always end up telling me I told you so. Why not, what could go wrong?”
“Wendy! You’re going to jinx it!” Halle exclaimed.
“Yeah, yeah, I forgot. You’re so superstitious, Halle.”
“Maybe so,” she commented.

No comments:

Post a Comment