Monday, June 10, 2013

Review of Waking Up in Vegas by Romy Sommer


Description:

What happens in Vegas…

Waking up to the bright lights of Vegas in an unfamiliar penthouse suite, cocktail waitress Phoenix Montgomery finds she’s covered from head to foot in gold glitter and not alone – aside from the empty bottle of champagne, there’s a mystery man in the shower and a huge sparkly ring on her finger!

Stays in Vegas?

There’s no denying Max Waldburg’s demi-god sex appeal but commitment-phobic Phoenix doesn’t do relationships. Only it seems her new husband (agh!) has other ideas…he’s trying to keep that ring on her finger and his wife firmly back in his bed. The only question on her lips is – why? Or maybe, why not?

Review:


Putting down in words what I think of a book is so hard!  I loved this book, though.  I'm a sucker for fairy tales.  This book is every bit the fairy tale that I wasn't expecting.
The only thing I disliked about this book was Phoenix.  I wasn't very fanatical about her.  She was so wishy washy and I didn't know if she was coming or going half the time.  I know she was meant to be that way, but I just didn't dig her.
I LOVED Max!  He was a pleasant surprise and there were good twists in the plot.  Who doesn't want a sexy powerful man trying to woo them?  Enough said.
The storyline didn't lag and it was a romance WITH a storyline.  I wasn't expecting a few things in it and was pleasantly surprised.
I give this read four glittery stars for being a fun, romantic read!



No comments:

Post a Comment