Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Wishlist Wednesday #18


Wishlist Wednesday is a book blog hop where we will post about one book per week that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added (it's entirely up to you), that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our wonderful shelves.  This meme is hosted by Pen to Paper.

Book: Stalked by Death

Author: Kelly Hashway

Release: July 23, 2013

Description:

Jodi knows that any slip-ups made by the Ophi--a special group of necromancers born under the 13th sign of the zodiac--will fall on her shoulders... and that Hades is just waiting for them to screw up so he can wipe out the Ophi line.

Unfortunately, Jodi has only convinced one Ophi to join her school: A hot guy named Chase who jeopardizes her relationship with Alex. Jodi loves Alex, but Chase can enhance her powers with just a touch—making her stronger than any Ophi has ever been.

Her mixed emotions send her powers surging out of control, and the dead start rising without her conscious summoning—exactly what Hades doesn't want! If she chooses Alex over Chase, she may lose the battle to Hades, leading the Ophi race to extinction. If she chooses Chase, she might be able to stop Hades for good… but lose everything else.

Jodi needs to figure things out fast--because death is stalking her at every turn.

AHH!  I can't wait to read this book!  I just finished the ARC of Touch of Death and absolutely loved it:)  This is a great and original story and I'm anxious to see where this story is headed.  Below is a description of the first book in the series.  I hope you will love these books as much as I am!


Description:


Jodi Marshall isn’t sure how she went from normal teenager to walking disaster. One minute she’s in her junior year of high school, spending time with her amazing boyfriend and her best friend. The next she’s being stalked by some guy no one seems to know.

After the stranger, Alex, reveals himself, Jodi learns he’s not a normal teenager and neither is she. With a kiss that kills and a touch that brings the dead back to life, Jodi discovers she’s part of a branch of necromancers born under the 13th sign of the zodiac, Ophiuchus. A branch of necromancers that are descendents of Medusa. A branch of necromancers with poisoned blood writhing in their veins.

Jodi’s deadly to the living and even more deadly to the deceased. She has to leave her old, normal life behind before she hurts the people she loves. As if that isn’t difficult enough, Jodi discovers she’s the chosen one who has to save the rest of her kind from perishing at the hands of Hades. If she can’t figure out how to control her power, history will repeat itself, and her race will become extinct.

Release Date: January 15, 2013

7 comments:

  1. I really want to read these books :) They look amazing and are right up my alley! Great choice Andrea.

    Janina
    My WW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow those look really good! I'll definitely have to check those out!

    Here's my WW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds really good! I hope you get it :)

    My WW: http://blueskyshelf.blogspot.com/2012/11/wishlist-wednesday-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, love the blurbs! Adding these right away :D

    Hope you get it soon :)

    My WW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't started this series. But I sense an impending love triangle. Hope it's not too tortuous!

    My WW:
    http://booksojourner.blogspot.com/2012/11/wishlist-wednesday-4-crush.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the covers! I may have to pick up this series

    Here is my Wishlist Wednesday post
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  7. Her hair is distractingly pretty.

    My WW: http://shelversanon.blogspot.com/2012/11/wishlist-wednesday-17_28.html

    ReplyDelete