Thursday, November 22, 2012

Review of Persephone by Kaitlin Bevis

Description:

There are worse things than death, worse people too

The “talk” was bad enough, but how many teens get told that they’re a goddess? When her mom tells her, Persephone is sure her mother has lost her mind. It isn’t until Boreas, the god of winter, tries to abduct her that she realizes her mother was telling the truth. Hades rescues her, and in order to safely bring Persephone to the Underworld he marks her as his bride. But Boreas will stop at nothing to get Persephone. Despite her growing feelings for Hades, Persephone wants to return to the living realm. Persephone must find a way to defeat Boreas and reclaim her life.






Review:

I really enjoyed this retelling of Persephone.  It was fresh, imaginative and modern.  The story was appropriate for all ages and even had a bit of romance in it.
The characters were well rounded and I liked seeing the softer side of Hades.  The author made me want to root for Hades.  He sounds so cute!
This book had a great story line, complete with evil villians.  The story unraveled at a great pace and it wasn't slow at all.  It really reminded me of along the lines of The Goddess Test with all the romantic Greek mythology, which I also loved.
Persephone is thrust into a world she knows nothing of and has to learn to cope with the hand she's dealt.  Given the circumstances, she reacts as I would expect her to.  
This book left me wanting more.  I can't wait until the second book is out!  It should be pretty good, if this one was any indication.  I give this book five glittery stars for rocking my socks off!

Buy it here on Amazon 
Buy it here on Barnes and Noble 




 

1 comment:

  1. I'll be reading this book soon. I'm glad to see you liked it!

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    Brandi @ Bound 2 Astound

    ReplyDelete