Sunday, November 4, 2012

Review of Luminescence by J.L. Weil

Description:

My dreams are anything but normal.

My temper sucks.

And the new guy at school is anything but average.

With his bad boy attitude, disarming smirks and uber mystery shrouding him, Gavin Mason is mouthwatering hot. His stormy sapphire eyes are filled with secrets. One run in, literally and I was a goner. I mean picking my drooling tongue off the floor kind of gone.

Gavin might be dark and dreamy, but he wasn’t the guy in my dreams. Lukas Devine looks like the boy next door, and it’s his sunny face that heats up my unusual dreams. The closer I get to Gavin, the crazier they become. Then the unexpected happens, Gavin literally freezes an object mid-air saving my ass.

Turns out the guy I am crushing hardcore on, is a witch.

Yep. You got it. A full-blooded witch. Magic just isn’t a myth, and Gavin and his family aren’t the only witches in town.

But will I be able to accept my fate, a fate that might be unavoidable.



Review:


The Good:  This read was great and unique.  I loved the concept and the story never lagged.  It was a fun read and I loved the characters.  I can't wait to get to know them better in the second book.  The mysteries unfolded at just the right time and I was very intrigued.

The Bad: This book is in desperate need of an editor.  It had a lot of errors that were funny and distracting. 

The Sexy: I loved the concept of the guy of her dreams and the guy of her reality.  Is Lukas real?  I am dying to find out more sexiness in the next book.  Two dreamy guys, whom to choose?  The lip and eyebrow ring on Gavin is hot!

Overall: I really enjoyed the book.  The book finished off with a lot of loose ends and I'm dying to get a hold of book two!  I hope it's coming out soon..lol.  Seriously though, it had a great story blooming.  I give this fun read four stars only because of the editing.  It was fabulous!

Buy it here on Amazon
Buy it here on Barnes and Noble




1 comment:

  1. I haven't heard of this book, before. But I am definitely going to be reading it. Added to my to-read list. Thanks for the heads up!

    ~(Annie) & Demi @ Characterized

    ReplyDelete