Thursday, November 15, 2012

Review of The Awakening of Leeowyn Blake by Mary Parker

Description:

I'm a normal teenager. I have a normal teenage life with normal teenage problems. The summer is my heaven. I live with my mom during the summer months. We stay in her tiny condo in Jacksonville, Florida. My parents split up when I was little. I'm not sure why. My mom never talks about it. Whatever it was, it was bad enough to make my mom pack me up in the middle of the night when I was four years old and run to my Gran's condo. My mom got the condo after Gran died. From that time on all I had known my entire life was beach life. Until four years ago. Until my uncle found me.



  







Review:

This book was actually a fun, easy read.  I liked Leeowyn's character and her responses to most situations seemed genuine.  

The characters were all unique and memorable.  Cyle was very closed off, yet mourned in private.  Alex was a teenager that showed unusual interest in Lee.  Peach was always bursting with energy and became a close friend.  I didn't really understand why she didn't have any friends at home though.

The concept was interesting and well plotted.  The mystery of the story slowly unfolded as the book progressed.

I wished there was more romance in this book.  The author added a hint of romance with Alex, but nothing of significance.  Eighteen year old girls always have guys on the brain.

Overall, I enjoyed this book and made my way through it in just one evening.  If you like magic and mystery, then this book is for you.  I am interested as to what will happen in the sequel that will come eventually.
  
I give this book four glittery stars for it's ability to keep me entertained:)

Buy it here on Amazon 

Buy it here on Barnes and Noble 



  

No comments:

Post a Comment